For resellers, version 11 of our Control Panel introduces the concept of customer-oriented management. Previous versions tended toward domain-based services whereby a user belongs to a domain.
To this end, a Customer must exist for a Subscription to belong to.
So the first step in is to create a customer:
1. Log in to the Control Panel
2. Choose your hosting plan from the Subscription drop-down box (top right)
3. Click on the Customers tab in the navigation bar
4. Click on the Add New Customer button in the tool bar
5. On the oppening page, complete the following information as necessary:
- Customer information:
This is information for the system to send out usage notifications and the like, should the customer overuse their resources. Only theContact Name and Email Address fields are mandatory as further information is strictly for business management tools which are not installed.
- Acces to Panel:
Just as you have access to manage your domains and so forth, your customers may also access and manage their Subscription. The customer can use these details to log in to https://[their domain name]:8443. From there - the customer has all the usual access an ordinary shared-hosting customer has. (to know how to change these information later, click here).
When creating a new customer, you can also generate a new hosting subscription for them on-the-fly.
6. Click on the OK button to validate the Customer creation process