Option #1: How do I use FTP?
1. First, you need to get to the main Plesk hosting panel to confirm your FTP credentials. You do this by doing the following:
a. Select ‘Domains’ on the left-hand menu, then click on the appropriates domain row.
b. Under ‘Domain Services’, click on the ‘Action’ drop-down for ‘Webhosting Plesk’ and choose ‘Manage Website’
c. Under ‘More Tools’ select ‘Open’
2. Now that you’re in the Plesk main control panel select ‘Web Hosting Access’ to confirm your FTP details.
3. In this panel, you may want to reset your password for good measure but take note of the IP address. The information you need, or you may want to pass on so you can connect to your FTP space is:
• The IP address (hostname)
Once you have these credentials, you can then use that connect your FTP client to gain access to your server space.
Option #2: Using the File Manager
1. On the left-hand side, select ‘WebHosting Plesk’ to bring your hosted websites.
2. On the website’s panel select the ‘Actions’ drop-down, and select ‘File Manager’
3. In the File Manager, you will by default land in a directory that has your domain name. In this directory, is where you will want to put all your front end files and directories to load your website as seen below:
4. Inside test.txt, I have the sentence “Hello World!”, so now when I go to my domain/test.txt it will load the files correctly, as seen below:
Do you recommend any FTP Client's to use? FIlezilla is the most popular and widely recommended. A quick google search will give you a list of others.
|TIP: When connecting to Openhost servers using FTP, we recommend you use protocol FTP (not SFTP or FTPS) and connect using no encryption