Openhost Samsung Email Setup Guide
Posted by Tim Botherway on 15 August 2018 04:19 PM
1. On your phone open up the ‘Mail’ app that comes with your Android phone. On your phone, this is the app with the red @ symbol over the envelope by default.
3. Here you need to put in your user-name and password for the email account. Tap on ‘Show Password’ to ensure you don't misspell the password. Once done click on ‘Sign In’ at the bottom of the screen to proceed.
4. The device will now try to ask which type of account to set. For this guide, select ‘IMAP’ if you’re unsure.
5. Samsung will then try to populate the settings and usually fails, so it will ask for the settings to be manually input. By default, there are wrong settings here, so we need to change these. Ensure you have the following:
Now scroll further down for the Outgoing settings on the same page. These should be the following:
Once complete, tap on ‘Sign in’ at the bottom of the screen to process the settings.
6. Once completed the phone will be set up and you’ll be in the inbox. You can give your phone a few minutes to sync and download all your emails stored on the server. Once done, send an email to yourself to confirm you can both send and receive
I still get errors that I can't connect my Samsung to my Openhost email?
Also, try login to https://webmail.<domain>/ which is the online login for your emails. If you can’t log in to here, you will have the wrong password and need to reset it to a new one.
I can receive, but I can’t send?
Can I use other ports?
I’ve followed everything, but I still can’t get my Samsung to connect to Openhost email?