Creating a Subdomain
Posted by Tim Botherway on 02 May 2019 03:36 PM
This is a temporary workaround as of May 2019, but a fully functioning subdomain feature will be implemented shortly, as this has been lodged with our vendor as a feature request.
To create a subdomain this is a two-step process, you must first have the DNS in place and activated to allow the option then go into your control panel to add the subdomain
Step A. Setup the subdomain DNS
1. Click on 'Domains' on the left-hand side. Then select the domain you wish to make a sub-domain for.
2. On the lower half of this page, you should see a
This will create the sub-domain record and the DNS for you.
Step B. Add the sub-domain in your account.
1. Once the DNS has propagated, login to your Openhost account via https://login.openhost.net.nz
2. Click on Web-hosting Plesk >> Select the Subscription >> Select 'Open' under 'More Tools'
3. In plesk on the right hand side, click on 'Add Subdomain'