This article is written to assist with setting up your Apple iPhone or iOS device to receive emails via the IMAP protocol.
If you are receiving emails on your computer via a third party application (Thunderbird, MS Outlook etc) and using the POP protocol, your computer may be downloading emails before it gets to your iOS device and you wont be able to see the messages, please refer to your email client documentation for information regarding POP3 settings if required.
From the iOS device Home Screen:
1. Tap Settings on the Home Screen of your iOS device
2. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
3. Tap Add Account
4. Tap Other
5. Tap Add Mail Account and fill out the Name, Email, Password and Description fields, then tap Next
6. Select IMAP, then scroll down and input the settings for your Incoming Mail Server: these are generally as follows:
Hostname: mail.yourdomain.com (where your domain is the domain you host with us)
Username: firstname.lastname@example.org (your full email address)
Password: the password for your email account
7. Repeat the process for the Outgoing Mail Server details as in step 6, then tap Next.
8. If you get a message regarding prompting to Try without SSL select Yes
9. Your setup should now be complete and you are able to receive and send email via the Mail app
- If you receive an error when deleting message or moving them to the trash, please refer to this external link detailing a fix.
- These settings were created using iOS 7. The screenshots may not be 100% accurate and for more relevant information please refer to Apple's website (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4810).