How can I view and manage Log files?
Posted by Sinan Esen on 14 April 2015 05:16 PM
Server log files contain information regarding access to your website and errors which may be encountered by the server when delivering your site.
They are often useful in determining the root cause of troubles with your site (not that we expect to see to many troubles).
Follow these easy steps to view your Log files: (Click here to see how to manage them)
1. Log in to your Openhost Control Panel
2. Choose your hosting plan from the Subscription drop-down box (top right)
3. Click the expansion arrow beneath the (sub)domain you wish to view
4. Click on the Logs icon to see the list of your Log files
5. In your Log files, the access_log (in green) and the error_log (in red) are the most significant files
NB: greyed-out boxes indicate that you cannot remove the applicable file
Follow these easy steps to manage your Log files:
1. Click the Log Rotation icon under the Tools heading. Pretty easy to spot - it's the only tool available
2. Configure rotation Settings as desired
3. Click on the OK button to confirm your changes