The packages installed from the control panel are simply the package from the Ubuntu/Debian repositories, with the benefit that they don't take up disk space inside your VPS.
1. In Ubuntu, you can use the dpkg command to mange the packages inside your VPS.
NB: In the examples below, we will apply the commands on phpmyadmin
- With the command dpkg -l we can see the list of the packages:
root@$:/# dpkg -l | grep myadmin
ii phpmyadmin 4:2.10.3-1ubuntu0.2 Administrate MySQL over the WWW
- With the command dpkg -L phpmyadmin we can list where the files for that package are located:
|root@$:/# dpkg -L phpmyadmin
- With the command dpkg -s phpmyadmin we can see the status of the the package:
|root@$:/# dpkg -s phpmyadmin
Status: install ok installed
Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
2. In CentOS, you can use the rpm command to mange the packages inside your VPS.