WebDrive hosting services are undergoing a platform migration to Openhost.
Customers will be receiving email notifications a week in advance of the service changes.
A link to this email notification can be found at this link.
While we anticipate little impact, it is strongly recommended customers read the below instructions to mitigate any unexpected consequences for missions critical services.
Post Migration Checklist
1. Login to the new Openhost customer dashboard
- An email will have been sent to the registered account contact on record for your existing WebDrive account with your account details.
- The same login username and password combination from your WebDrive control panel, will be carried over the the Openhost customer login.
- The Openhost control panel login page can be found on our website, or at the following link: openhost.net.nz/cp
- If you are not able to login to your Openhost customer dashboard, please perform a password reset from the Openhost login page and an email with instructions will be sent to you.
2. Visiting and checking the website
- Following the migration event - please see your migration email notification for the exact scheduled date - Its important you check your website functionality and confirm this is working as expected.
- We recommend browsing the site in an 'incognito' or 'private browsing' window or even clearing your cache to ensure you are loading the website from the new host server after the DNS change. See our cache clearing guide here.
3. Check site functionality
The migration process requires some connection information and special access permissions to be reset. As a consequence, some third party tools or services that access the website files via FTP or database remotely may require minor adjustment.
Our support team will be doing checks on each individual website post migration, but more advanced website functions will be difficult to confirm working on our own.
As a result, we ask that you test and confirm any of the following functions or features you might be using on your website:
- E-commerce systems
- Sites that have a customer login portal and user profiles
- HTTPS secure for sites using an SSL certificate
- Website contact forms
- Connections being made to your website from third party tools, servers or devices.
- Cron jobs or scheduled backup tasks
What happens if I have an open invoice in WebDrive but the service has moved to Openhost?
After migration, all services will be renewed through your new Openhost control panel. Please call/email our Accounts Services team to clear any open invoices on your Webdrive account.
How will over-usage be billed in WebDrive vs OAP?
Over-usage will be billed in Openhost after exceeding the allowed specifications on the plan. The invoice for over-usage will be generated on your control panel for you to initiate payment.
What are the payment methods available in Openhost vs Webdrive?
After migration payments can be made on Openhost only via card, direct credit and/or POLi pay. Please note we are unable to continue Direct Debit & Quickpay as a payment option from Webdrive. Customers are advised to ensure payment methods are setup as per their preference on their Openhost account.
Can I add credit to the Openhost account in order to keep my balance topped up for future orders to be deducted from?
Yes, you can add credit to your Openhost account, however, due to our system design restriction the credit does not get adjusted automatically. Credit must be applied manually to outstanding orders and invoices. You can also get in touch with our Account Services team via email/call to allocate your credit.
What are the new bank account details for payment on Openhost?
Bank details direct credit payment for Openhost are Bank Name: Umbrellar Ltd T/A Openhost Bank Account No.: 02-0108-0449256-00
What happens to the excess payment on my Webdrive account?
Excess payments from your Webdrive account can be migrated as credit to your Openhost account. Please email our Accounts Services team to perform this migration of excess payment for you.
What verification information do I need to provide for billing queries on call/email with Account Services team?
You are advised to provide your Webdrive username or your Openhost Account ID for the accounts team to assist you with your queries.
How Can I Contact Support?
For migration dedicated service inquiries, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Technical Information...
- FTP usernames in WebDrive can be a maximum of 30 characters in length. This will be reduced to a maximum character length of 16 on Openhost. Any FTP usernames which exceed the 16 character limit will be truncated and may require some reconfiguration.
- FTP users will be migrated on a best effort basis, but WebDrive accounts with multiple FTP users cannot be mapped to individual websites. Therefore, it is likely that your FTP users will need to be reset or reconfigured if you host multiple websites with WebDrive. See our FTP connection guide here.
- Supported versions are 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 7.0,7.1,7,2
- PHP4 websites will be updated to PHP5.2. Should your website not support a higher version, you may require a bespoke VPS service in order to support EOL PHP versions.
- The PHP version can now be set dynamically in your new control panel. See out PHP version change guide here.
- Only active and in-use databases will be migrated. A used database is determined by our scripts searching for database credentials in the website files. If a database is missing on the new platform we can re-run the migration script specifically for that database and point the DNS back to the original host server in the meantime.
MYSQL database users
- Database user access will be restricted to each web space. This means, that if one or more websites share a single database user, some database user reconfiguration and database connection strings will require updating.
- In preparation for the migration, we will attempt to identify and resolve any database access complications prior to the move. New individual database users will be required and some connection strings will need to be updated.
Remote database connections
- If you connect to one of our database servers from a remotely from another server or tool, you will need to have your connecting host IP address white-listed for remote access.
- Cron jobs will be migrated into the Plesk control panel.
- Cron jobs running on PHP 4 will be upgraded to PHP 5.2 but may require some reconfiguration.
- Bash (.sh) scripts will no-longer be supported on the new web server for security reasons.
- All contacts that are assigned to a domain as the registrant will be imported into the 'Users' menu of the Openhost customer dashboard.
- We are working with our developers to improve the filter and display options in this menu. Currently, domain contact only users will have no access permissions to login to the Openhost customer dashboard.
Domain “Glue records”
- Glue records are not currently supported in the Openhost domain management menus, but is currently in development.
- All email addresses are migrated into the Openhost customer dashboard under the 'Email Manager Pro' menu. Once a mail service has been migrated, all future management and control actions should be performed via the Openhost dashboard. A notification will be shown in your old control panel showing that your account is migrated.
- While all other resources (websites, web-redirects, email, domain registrations) are being migrated, we will schedule a final DNS migration with all zones at a later stage. DNS zone changes will as a result still be controlled from the WebDrive Control Panel: https://controlpanel.secureserver.co.nz
If you're having trouble logging into the old WebDrive control panel, please perform a password reset from the WebDrive login page.
- Overnight on Tuesday when the migration occurs, we will be updating the web traffic DNS records to point to the new host.
Websites with DNS hosted with a third party
- For customers using a third party DNS service (eg. nameservers pointed to CloudFlare) we are unable to update your DNS records on your behalf.
This means, we will rely on these domain owners to update their own DNS settings in order to connect to the new web hosting server on 184.108.40.206
- When we complete the DNS changes over night, we will reverse proxy all incoming requests for your site to our new server. This is not ideal but the only option in this case. Your website might be slower than normal but once you’ve updated the DNS to point to the new server, service speeds will improve.
- Domains with URL redirection configured will be moved into the Openhost dashboard. See our URL redirection guide here.
- For websites with an existing SSL certificate purchase, this will be carried over to the new web server
- For websites connected to the PHP7 server IP. Your LetsEncrypt SSL certificate will be re-created on the new web server.