How to transfer my website files via FTP?
Posted by Sinan Esen on 07 September 2015 04:31 PM
Overview. This tutorial has the aim to explain you how to access and manage your files in your server via FTP. FTP, or File Transfer Protocol, is a method used to transfer files to upload and download from remote server.
Use of FTP:
- Copy a file from the internet to your PC
- Move a file from your PC to the internet
- Rename an existing file
- Delete a file
- Update an existing file
- Log into your Control Panel.
- To access to your server remotely, your need to have, the server hostname, your FTP username and your FTP password. To do so:
- Click on the Hosting Plan tab, then click on My solutions
- In the Server Details section, you will see your Server Hostname or Server IP Address
- In the FTP users section, you will find the username
- Finally, click on the Password button to see your password
NB: Keep these information in mind for further use
- Download Filezilla software here (free and safe)
- Install the software
- Once open, you will need the three information you kept. The following image explain you how Filezilla works