What you need to know before transferring a gTLD domain name (.com / .net / .org / .biz / .info)
Currently transferring gTLD domain names (itemised above) is not automated. Before you contact us please check and obtain the following information to aid the transfer process:
- Check the registrant contact email address for your domain name and confirm that it is still a valid email address.
- Obtain the Authorisation Code (also referred to as an Auth code or an EPP code) from your current Registrar. An authorisation code provides an extra level of security for the domain name registration. The authorisation code is unique for each domain name and is assigned by the Registrar at the time the domain name is registered.
- The authorisation code is emailed to the registrant email address.
- Check the expiration date of the domain name in question - as this process can take between five and fourteen days, it becomes redundant making a transfer request if the domain name will expire within ten (10) days.
- All gTLD domain names are required to be renewed for a minimum of 1 year with your chosen Registrar when transferring.