The following information is required to transfer your domain name to us:
- For .nz domains a UDAI code is required to transfer the domain name.
- For (.com / .net / .org) gTLDs, the domain needs to be unlocked and an authorisation code for the domain is required for the transfer process.
To initiate the Transfer, follow these steps:
Log in to your Customer Dashboard here - https://secure.discountdomains.co.nz/login
- Click on [Domains] in the top navigation bar, then [Transfer Domains] to initiate the transfer wizard.
- Enter the domain name you want to transfer in the text box.
- Click [Add to Cart] and then [Proceed].
- Click on the highlighted text under [Status] to enter the UDAI/Auth/EPP code.
- Click on the checkbox to agree to [.nz WHOIS Privacy Terms and Conditions].
- Click [Place Order] to proceed.
- Make the payment if required and complete the purchase.
- Once the transfer process has started, you are going to be asked whether you wish to retain your existing DNS, or use Discount Domains' DNS. If you are unsure what to select here, then you should opt to retain your existing DNS or talk to one of our team.
- Once the process is complete your domain name will have been successfully transferred to the Discount Domains customer profile you were logged into when you initiated the transfer. You will then see the domain name in your list of [My Domains].