Domains4less Mail Settings
Posted by Tim Botherway on 11 December 2018 10:33 AM
Domains4less Email Settings
All third party software can be set up using the following setting for the IMAP / POP3 protocol.
Things that go wrong
Can’t connect using username & password.
- Your password is wrong, just reset it to ensure you are 100% with the right password.
- Ensure there is no spacing if you copy and pasted in your credentials
- Ensure you’re using password / normal password. Some software will try set md5 or other password encryptions which won’t work.
Not reaching server
- Ensure you’re using mailx.hosts.net.nz for the servers, some software will try to put in mail.<domain> for you
- Your network connection can’t reach it due to IP blacklisting. Turn off your modem for 30 seconds from its power point then turn it back on to get a new IP. Always do this before contacting us as it solves 80% of issues.
- Check your ports. Ideal ports is incoming: no encryption / outgoing: TLS
Not receiving emails:
- Check configuration is correct.
For the majority of issue’s we can identify it quickly if it’s a server issue, however to the configuration of your own device and software we can’t help with every issue, and it is best to contact your IT provider for further assistance with third-party software.
We provide help and support for your webmail service that we offer.